“When kids look up to great scientists the way they do to great musicians and actors, civilization will jump to the next level” -Brian Greene, science communicator and co-founder of the World Science Festival-
My name is David Palomas. From a young age, I have had a passion for science and a thirst for learning. Today my passion has evolved. I believe that research and knowledge transfer are key to unlocking the future. Ideas and breakthrough discoveries need to be communicated to the world.
My goal is to be part of a team where I can leverage my skills to contribute to the advance and dissemination of science and the formation of the next generation of scientists. A prolific career as a researcher and as an educator has provided me with the relevant experience to achieve this goal:
- Scientist with 15 years of experience in leading and managing research projects in synthesis and catalysis resulting in 10 co-authored publications and four grants.
- 10+ years working in Higher Education Institutions. Highly experienced in preparing and running of classes, seminars, workshops, practical labs and outreach activities.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex scientific concepts as evidenced by 10+ national and international conference presentations and 5+years of teaching and mentoring experience.
- Working knowledge of journal publishing, understanding of recent trends and ability to read and assess novelty as evidenced by 5+ years of experience as peer-reviewer.
- Co-founder, content writer, editor and responsible for social media in the digital science magazine Dciencia.es (Twitter: @dcienciablog, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Dcienciablog/ )
Teaching, Mentoring, Scientific Writing, Project Management, Organisation Skills, Team Work, Ability to Meet Tight Deadlines, Communication Skills, Attention to Detail, Social Media Management.
- For information about my contributions in science communication click here
- For a list of my research publications click here
- If you’d like to get in touch by email click here